HELLO Readers, Hope you are healthy and delightful. If you aren't or it's a little wary about COVID-19, then remember that this too shall pass soon. YOU HAVE GOT THIS! Here are some natural and simple methods to keep our body soldiers fit and ready.
Sleep and immunity go hand in hand. It gives time for the body to remove toxins that built up in the day. Reading bedtime stories helps effortlessly slip into a deep sleep.
- Amar Chitra Katha books are an Indian cultural phenomenon that tops the list of bedtime books. Their book genres include mythology(the Puranas and epics), history(ancient, medieval and modern India) and literature(folktales, fables, legends and lore).
- Its colourful illustrations make it easy to read and describe the duties of various relationships which should be rooted in every person from a young age.
- You are never too old for bedtime stories. They are perfect for adults too. Check out our curations of the best books.
2. Balanced DietNutrition plays a critical aspect of improving our immunity. On the other side, overnutrition and obesity can turn down immunity. The key is to have a healthy balanced diet.
- Millets are whole grains packed with proteins, antioxidants and nutrients. They have numerous health benefits and are gluten-free.
- Tea fights off inflammation and wands off cancer and heart diseases. Ingredients like ashwagandha, liquorice, basil, ginger and cardamom are known for its medicinal values. Effective in curing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Vegan tasty power balls are made from dry fruits which are loaded with essential nutrients. Here is a perfect ready-to-eat wholesome snack.
3. water water and water
- To prevent toxins from building up, and harming the immune system, health experts have recommended drinking eight-ounce glasses, which equals about 2liters per day.
- Regularly taking honey-lemon water will bring down the instances of cold, flu and allergies.
4. Physical Activities
- The benefits of yoga are not limited to mental wellness but also helps to balance the immune system. We have chosen some best yoga books and yoga mats to help you.
5. Supplement wisely
- It's easy to turn towards supplements if they claim its ability to treat or fight COVID-9. Please check for the ingredients. Studies have shown supplements like vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, elderberry, garlic, probiotics, honey, selenium and echinacea are effective in fighting COVID-9.
- Make sure supplements are independently tested by third-party organizations like United States Pharmacopeia(USP), NSF International, and Consumer Lab.
- These are some immunity boosters from most trusted brands like Patanjali, Zandu and Dr Vaidya's known for their good old Ayurvedic formulas, quality and herbal ingredients.
Although it can be challenging to do all of these on an ongoing basis, do as much as you can. Consistently taking good care of yourself is the best way to support your overall health and immunity. We at Trendia wish you to stay healthy and happy.
We have also curated a collection of health-related products that give strength and immunity. Products like aloe vera juice, amla juice, bel murabba, lauki-amala juice, chyawanprash are our most requested products and bestsellers.